We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
- you provide us information
- we observe or collect information through technology
- we receive information about you from third parties
- we collect information on our
See the sections below for more information. Information You Provide We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
- email address
- mailing address
- telephone number
- mobile phone number
- username and password
- personal preferences
- purchase and order information
- information on products you want, like or own
- demographic information (for example, number of household members, country of residence, age and gender)
- information related to customer satisfaction, including surveys
- purchasing habits and other information, including registration of products purchased • interests and hobbies
- resume, cover letter and similar employment-related materials
We may allow you to use your personal social media account, on social media sites (“Personal Social Media Account”), to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites, but we will ask your permission prior to doing so.
This information may include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following:
- your name
- profile picture
- user ID
- list of friends
- work history
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites. Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites and the IP address from which you arrived
- web pages requested and viewed
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information that we then use for the specific feature you have selected, such as:
Our emails may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby stores carrying our products. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
- Bluetooth® Enabled Products and Sites.
This section applies to additional personal information that may be collected, used, and disclosed related to our Bluetooth® enabled products and related Sites (collectively our “Bluetooth® Enabled Products and Sites”). If you access our Bluetooth® Enabled Products and Sites through a mobile device, we may collect and use your mobile device’s location services and Bluetooth® capabilities to identify the date, time and location of your mobile device when it was last in Bluetooth® range of a registered, Bluetooth® Enabled Product. This is done to assist you in locating a registered Bluetooth® Enabled product. We may also collect location information about your registered Bluetooth® Enabled product as sent to us via other users’ mobile devices, and location information about other users’ registered Bluetooth® Enabled products as sent to us via your mobile device. If you do not consent to have your browser provide location information or you disable location-based services on your mobile device, we may ask you to manually select the region where you are located, or to enter your zip code; if you chose not to provide this information some features of the Sites may not be available. See the “What choices do you have over how PARALLEL ENTERPRISES uses your information?” section below for the choices you have regarding collection of location information.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
We and our third party service providers use “cookies.” Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our third party service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites
- the time of your visit to our Sites
- confirmation when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email
- sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you, and helps us continually improve your experience on our Websites. We use the information you provide, information collected through your Personal Social Media Accounts and information collected on our Social Media Pages for things like:
- improving and developing our products
- servicing our customers
- advertising and marketing, including emails and postal mail
- personalising your experience when visiting our Sites
- responding to your enquiries o market research and surveys o conducting events, promotions, contests and sweepstakes o warranty and product information o processing job applications
We use navigational information gathered for determining things like:
- which parts of our Sites are most visited or used
- what products are browsed
- how to improve and better transact business
- the effectiveness of our Sites
- difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Sites
- monitoring the number of visitors to our Sites
- average time spent on our Sites
- any programming errors or failures on any of our Sites We use information collected through cookies and similar technology to determine many of the same as the navigational information above.
In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for:
- personalising your experience on our Sites
- serving tailored ads on other sites
- tailoring email marketing to you
- determining return visitors
- keeping track of items viewed
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use third-party analytics providers, such as Google® Analytics, to measure traffic and usage trends, and to help us better understand your use of and interaction with our Sites and Social Media Pages. Similar to the navigational information described above, the social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyse our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
HOW IS TECHNOLOGY USED TO SERVE OUR ADVERTISEMENTS ON OTHER SITES THAT YOU VISIT AND WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
We contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites. These third party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with other websites. This information helps us better use advertising to serve to you and better your experience on our Sites and other sites that you visit.
DOES TIMBER DOORS DIRECT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties except as set forth below. We may share your personal information with the following:
- our affiliates and brands so that they can provide information to you about their products, which includes the affiliates listed under “Scope” above.
- our affiliates, licensees and third party service providers in order to perform tasks on our behalf such as the following: o assisting in servicing products o product registrations o responding to your requests and providing product information o providing and improving communications with you o responding to investor relations requests o cloud based and hosting services o as required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law o to protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others. If PARALLEL ENTERPRISES were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE OVER HOW TIMBER DOORS DIRECT USES YOUR INFORMATION?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
- Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as customer service communications.
- Location Information: Mobile Device Location Information. Your mobile device settings may allow you to disable location-based services, which will prevent our Sites from accessing your precise mobile device location information.
- Desktop Device Location Information: Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Sites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information.
- Email Location Information: Your email program may allow you to prevent the pixel tags or images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the “Email” section above.
HOW DOES TIMBER DOORS DIRECT SECURE YOUR INFORMATION ON OUR SITE?
We use firewalls and have implemented other reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures designed to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. While we implement the above security measures on our Websites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.